We all get irritated when everyone keeps adding you to their own WhatsApp Group without permission. Whatsapp recognizes this issue and rolls out the update in which now you can stop someone from adding you to Whatsapp Groups. Today, we will share steps through which you can use this feature, so without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Limit Who Can Add You To Whatsapp Groups
Before proceeding, ensure that you have installed the latest version of Whatsapp on your smartphone. After things, you are ready to enable these settings.
How to Stop Anyone From Adding You to A WhatsApp Group on Android
Let’s first start with Android smartphones. Follow the following instructions mention down below.
- Open Whatsapp and then click on the vertical three-dot menu.
- It was placed on the upper-right side of the app.
- Next, Tap on the Setting from the drop-down menu.
- Then account, and there you find Privacy.
- Click on it and Tap on the Groups option.
- There appear three different options.
- This feature will let anyone add you to a particular group.
- My Contact
- This will only let your contact add you to a particular group.
- My contact is expected…
- This will only allow selected contact to add you to a particular group. You can select all contacts one by one either select all placed on the upper right corner.
How to Stop Anyone From Adding You to A WhatsApp Group on iPhone
Now, let’s check how you can perform on iPhone/iPad. It is quite identical with minor changes. So here is the step-by-step guide to follow.
- Open Whatsapp and then click on Settings.
- Placed on the bottom-right corner of the app.
- After that, click on Account and then Tap on Privacy.
- Next, Click on Group there, you find three different options.
- First, “Everyone” let anyone add you to a particular group.
- Second “My Contact” only allows your contact to add you to a particular group.
- Lastly, “My Contacts Expected” allow you to add yourself to a particular group. Eiter, you can select contacts one by or select all by select all option and detected accordingly.
That’s it. After this, the Person needs to send you a Group invite link where you have three days to accept or denied the group invitation link. Hopefully, this guide will help you, and for further query share with us in the comment section down below.
- Honor Band 6 Review: Best Fitness Tracker of 2021?
- Free Fitness Sharing Apps for iPhone and Android
- Fix: Call of Duty: Warzone Stats not tracking
- Fix: GAME ERROR G25 with PlanetSide and H1Z1 Battle Royale
- What is Error 0x800704C8, and How to Fix This Error When Copying Files?
- How to Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x800700AA in Windows 10?