Google chrome is one of the best browsers in terms of the desktop site with 68% market shares. It is the browser which is very userfriendly and safe as well as secure. Even then, many of the web pages require only google chrome. Actually, it becomes a common web browser. So, you can understand the importance of chrome.
So, if you want to move to chrome browser, you can easily do that but for a better experience, you have to import your all saved passwords to chrome. Because they will help you to easily access to your different accounts. For which we will mainly tell you about three multiples methods to import password to google chrome.
So, if you guys are here then, you might be excited to know something about Google chrome. So, today we will teach you about “How to Import Passwords to Google Chrome”.
- Use any of the methods as prescribed below.
- These methods are not applicable for safari browser.
- Make sure, google chrome is updated to its latest version.
How can you import saved passwords from your previous browser?
There are numerous ways to import saved password to google chrome but we will tell you the most convenient way. As these methods are also experienced by us. Mainly there are three ways to do the above operation.
We will tell you each method one by one. NOTE – Apple Safari does not allow you to export your saved browser to any other because of iCloud keychain encryption.
Method – I ( Import from CSV)
This method is applicable to all chromium-based browser. But, you should note that importing saved password to chrome will work probably because google does not allow you to import saved password. To import saved password to chrome, you have to enable “chrome flag”.
Follow the steps as given below –
- First, Open chrome://flags on Chrome and search for “Password import” and enable it.
- Then, restart the chrome browser.
- Now, open chrome://settings/passwords and click on the 3-dot menu and then, click on “Import”.
- After it, select the CSV file which has all your saved password.
- Now, click on open.
- Hence, your all saved password will import to google chrome.
Method – II (Import from Mozilla firefox)
Mozilla Firefox has a close integration with google chrome because of which you can able to export saved passwords from firefox to chrome easily. But, it works if both the browsers are installed on the same computer. In case, you want to import passwords saved on Firefox in one computer to Chrome installed on another computer then you will have to use a third-party application which creates the CSV file in one click.
Here are the steps to be followed –
• If both the browsers installed on the same PC
- Open Chrome’s menu and then, click on bookmarks and then, Import bookmarks and Settings.
- After that, choose “Mozilla Firefox” from the drop-down menu then, click on “Import”.
- Hence, your saved password will be imported.
• If both the browsers installed on different Pc
- First, Download FF password Exported through the given link.
( it is free of cost and available for Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Then, Download the portable file for conversion to CSV file.
- Now, Launch the application, it will automatically detect the firefox user profile directory.
- Then, click on “Export password” and save as CSV file.
NOTE – After these four steps all the process is the same as Method – I
Method – III (Import from Microsoft edge and Opera)
As, both the Microsoft Edge and Opera are based on Chromium, integration with chrome is quite well and the steps are nearly identical.
- Open – edge://settings/passwords ( On edge)
opera://settings/passwords( On opera)
- Then, click on the three-dot button and choose “Export”.
- And Save the CSV file.
NOTE – After these three steps all the process is the same as Method – I
Hopefully, We assume that this article remains informative for you, and You have successfully known about “How to Import Passwords to Google Chrome”. Thanks for being with us, share your more valuable feedback and opinion If any query let us know in the comment section down below.