Google Chrome is one of the best browsers. It helps you to search fast and makes your secure, but instead, it creates an error called “this plugin not supported” which reduces the use of chrome day by day. Because while searching, this error occurs much time in the browser. There are mainly five reasons due to which this error occurred. So, by fixing those reasons can get rid of “this plugin not supported” error.
If you guys are here then, you may want to know something about “chrome”. So, today we will teach you about “How to fix ‘this plugin not supported” error.
- Use the following steps only on your Chrome browser.
- Allow these steps to fix the “this plugin not supported” error only.
- Perform these steps according to the manner in which they are given.
How to fix “this plugin not supported” error in Chrome?
Chrome is one of the best browser provided by google but instead of it. It has an error “this plugin not supported” which can be caused due to the following reasons. And we can fix this error by fixing the occurring reasons for this error in specified steps.
Enable the flash chrome
When we insert a plugin, it said plugin not supported because of unavailability of flash chrome. So, we have to enable flash chrome which can be done using the steps below –
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to the site which you want to visit.
- At the left of the web address, click on the Lock button.
- Now, at the bottom, click Site Settings.
- In the new tab, to the right of “Flash,” click the Down arrow Allow.
- Go back to the site and reload the page.
Update Flash player
This is one of the reasons for the “this plugin not supported” error. While enabling flash players, it is also necessary to update flash players. Here are the steps to update the flash player.
- 1. On your computer, open Chrome.
- 2. Then, search for Chrome://components.
- 3. After it, find “Adobe Flash Player.
- 4. Click Check for update.
- 5. If you see “Component not updated” or “Component updated,” you’re on the latest version.
- 6. Go back to the page with the Flash content.
- If it doesn’t open automatically, at the top left, click on Reload.
Clear cache and Data
To get rid of “this plugin error not supported” you also need to clear cache and data from google chrome. So, these are the steps to clear the cache and data as given below –
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Then, click on the three-dot button at the top right corner of the screen.
- After it, click on settings.
- Then, click on Privacy—clear browsing history.
- Under clear browsing history, tick on only cached data.
- Then, click on clear data.
Update Google Chrome
It is mandatory to update Chrome to solve the problem of “this plugin not supported error”. It is very easy to update Chrome by using the following steps as prescribed below –
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Then, Click on Update Google Chrome. (If you don’t see this button, you’re on the latest version).
- Hence, click on the Relaunch button.
Try Internet Explorer extension in Chrome
You will be able to fix the plugin not supported error by using the Internet Explorer extension in Chrome. For which you need to use IE tab for which you have to perform some of the steps prescribed below –
- Open your Chrome and click on the link below to go to IE tab webpage.
- Then, click on Add to Chrome button in the top right corner.
- Upon confirming the new extension pop up, click the add button.
- Click the IE Tab icon in the Chrome toolbar and, if prompted, download/save the IE Tab Helper (which is published by Blackfish Software to maintain IE Tab’s compatibility with newer versions of Chrome).
- Now, at chrome download security prompt and Select keep.
- To download, do right click on ietabhelper.exe and select run as administrator. (it needed for the first time only)
- Then, click on installation.
- After that, close Chrome entirely or open a new tab.
Conclusion: Collectively, flash players are affected by these five reasons. So, take care of these five things to enable flash chrome.
THE FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. What does it mean that this plugin is not supported?
Ans. This means that the connection you have plugged into your pc is incompatible or unsupportable for your desktop.
Q. How do I fix browsers that are not supported?
Ans. We have explained everything about it as above.
Q. How do I enable plugins in Chrome?
Ans. We have covered this topic above in this article.
Q. How do I enable plugins in chrome mobile?
Ans. All the steps are the same for mobile as given for pc.
Hopefully, We assume that this article remains informative for you, and You have successfully known about “How to fix this plugin not supported error in chrome”. Thanks for being with us, share your more valuable feedback and opinion If any query let us know in the comment section down below.
- Realme C17 gets Realme UI 2.0 Early BETA In Indonesia
- Realme X50 and Realme X7 Pro gets new update with fixes
- OPPO Reno5 Z with Dimensity 800U, Starting $408
- How to Download and Install DotOS on Google Pixel 2 XL [Android 11 R]
- Download and Install Pixel Experience 11 on Google Pixel 2 [Android 11 R]
- Samsung Galaxy A82 5G aka Galaxy A Quantum 2, Key Specs
- Realme GT and Realme X Youth receiving March and April 2021 Security Patch
- OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7 Pro | T-Mobile receiving OxygenOS 11 update
- OnePlus Nord N10 receiving OxygenOS 10.5.11/10.5.12 update
- Realme 7i receiving Realme UI 2.0 BETA, and April 2021 Security Patch
- ZTE Axon 30 Series launched with Snapdragon 888, Starting Rs. 53,975