The always-on display is one of the fascinating features on Android and Oneplus have been releasing it with the rollout of OxygenOS 11. Meanwhile, it currently available on the open beta build on both Oneplus 7T and Oneplus 7. Here we will share a complete in-depth guide in order to use AOD on your device.
Today, We are going to share a bit of knowledge to help you with enabling Always-on display on Oneplus 7 and Oneplus 7T. Not to mention, it was currently under testing, and it might take time to release stable for the Oneplus 7 and Oneplus 7 Pro. So let’s take a closer look toward it and know more about it.
How to use Always-on disabled on Oneplus 7 and Oneplus 7T.
It was quite easy, follow the following instructions so you can perform successfully on your device so far.
Here are all the device mention down below, in which you can enable the AOD feature using the following methods.
- OnePlus 8 Series
- OnePlus 7/7 Pro
- OnePlus 6/6T
- OnePlus 5/5T
- If you want to use this feature, your device should be rooted to use the OPAodMod Xposed module.
- After reboot, executing command will revert back to original, you need to execute the command and enable the AOD after reboot.
Method 1: Using Manual
Execute the following command
First thing first, all you have to do is to execute this command setprop sys.aod.debug_support_always_on 1 in root shell in order to force the feature framework of OxygenOS.
Why I need to execute this command
This is because, while designing the new OS of device developers remove it and left during the initial beta firmware. Which later observed by XDA DEV Quninny899.
What to do after executing the command.
Now, follow the following steps to enable the AOD on Oneplus 7/7T.
- Reload the system UI (Using pkill systemui)
- After that, open your device setting and head over to the display.
- Now, select the ambient display and enable the Always-on Display (Always-on Ambient Display)
Method 2: Using Auto-MOD Script
Thanks to Quinny899, he created the OPAodMOD which is a special init script allow to auto-execute command on boot. However, it requires root permission means your device should be rooted. So until, OxygenOS 11 stable release for the Oneplus 7/7T you can use this method.
- First thing first, download the OPAodMOD on your device and then extract the ZIP.
- There you will find the aodenable.sh script in it, all you have to do is to use the suitable root file manager.
- Open it and copy the script to data/adb/service.d.
- Enable the permission to rwxr-xr-x (chmod 755).
- That’s it, Reboot your device.
Method 3: Enable the Always-on display on any Oneplus device with the help of OPAodMod
Here is the step by step procedure hence it was created by XDA Senior Member DanGLES3. Where first you need to root your device and then follow the following instruction mention down below.
- First, open the Xposed (EdXposed) Framework on your device.
- After that, open the Magisk Manager app and select the menu icon placed on the upper left corner.
- Now, Select the Download button and search for the “Riru-Core” module and then click on the download button and install on your device.
- Download the latest Canary “Riru-EdXposed” module and after downloading.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and click on the menu in order to select the module from your device.
- Select the EdXposed-YAHFA-v0.4.6.3 (4546)-release.zip and install on your device.
- Now, you require EdXposed Manager, Download and install on your device.
- You have successfully installed the OPAodMod and to use the AOD simply download the OPAodMod-v3.0.1b-KQ.apk and install the APK file using a File Manager.
- Therefore, launch the Edxposed manager and open side-menu placed on the upper-left and choose modules.
- After that, Enable the OPAodMod and enable the Always-On display from device settings.
- That’s it.
Hopefully, this might help you, and you have successfully enabled the Always-on display on your Oneplus 7/7T series with Android 11. Thanks for being with us we would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section down below.
- Realme UI 2.0 for Realme Narzo 10: Android 11 early access | Realme UI 2.0 Early Access
- Download PUBG Mobile KR Version 1.2 APK + OBB update for Android & iOS
- Samsung Galaxy S20 series will have eSIM functionality with One UI 3.1 in India
- Free Fire Cobra Guardian Backpack: How to Get For Free – Quick Guide
- Realme GT 5G Launch date, Price and Key Specification – Leaks and Rumors
- Download and Install Evolution X 5.4 on Realme XT [Android 11]
- How to Download and Install Stable update of OxygenOS 11 (Android 11)
- Download Huawei Mate X2 Stock Wallpaper on any Android device [FHD+ Quality]
- PUBG NEW STATE Hindi language support spotted on website, but disabled
- Realme UI 2.0 March 2021 Update tracker for some more devices
- [Updated] Download Pubg Mobile Lite 0.20.1 APK + OBB – Pubg Mobile for Android – APK Download – Quick Download