Recently, Apple has released its latest iOS14.5 to their iPhone devices. Where it brings an improved picture-in-picture mode, but some users have reported they have encountered saying “with the iOS 14.5, PIP mode isn’t working.” There could be multiple factors behind this, so here we try to fix it with multiple methods. Follow the following instructions mentioned down below.
How to Fix Picture in Picture Mode Not working issue in iOS 14.5?
This feature depends upon the application, which you are using with so it checks for the application does it supports the picture in picture mode. If there isn’t any functionality available, you need to wait for the near future updates to use this functionality.
Hence, if the features are supported it still not working, then there is a potential error/bug with the app service. In this case, wait for the patch. However, if there is an error, then we can try to fix it on our own here is the step-by-step instructions guide.
How to enable and use PIP
Before continue, you require to update iOS software update to the latest version to utilise this feature. This is because the older version doesn’t support this functionality.
To use this feature, once you play the video, you will see a bit of an option on the screen. To use PIP, you will see the features placed in the upper right corner of the app. Simple, click on it, and the video will be getting out of that app and start using a separate window. Where while watching a video, you can use a separate application alongside enjoying a video. Additionally, you can use the playback option, including pause, forward and backward. Meanwhile, the playback option got disappear after some time so simply click on the video to get those playback options back.
Check the App Compatibility
As we have mentioned, an application needs to support the PIP mode, so it is better to check for the App Compatibility. Here are some of the popular application which supports Picture in Picture mode.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apollo for Reddit
- Cake Web Browser
- CNN: Breaking US & World News
- Disney+ Hotstar
- DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser
- ESPN: Live Sports & Scores
- EPIX: Stream with TV Package
- EPIX NOW: Watch TV and Movies
- Firefox: Private, Safe Browser
- Firefox Focus: Privacy browser
- FOX NOW: Watch TV & Sports
- Google Chrome
- Google Play Movies & TV
- HBO Go
- HBO Max: Stream TV & Movies
- Hulu: Stream movies & TV shows
- iTunes Store
- Microsoft Bing Search
- Microsoft Edge
- PBS Video
- Shazam: Music Discovery
- SHOWTIME: TV, Movies and More
- Showtime Anytime
- Spectrum TV
- TIDAL Music
- Tubi – Watch Movies & TV Shows
- The NBC App – Stream Tv Shows
- USA Network
- Vudu – Movies & TV
How to Turn Picture in Picture Mode on
Some users have said they have enabled this feature by simply disabling/enabling the PIP mode from the device settings itself. So, check if this work for you. Here are the steps.
- Open Device Settings and then head over to the General.
- Now, Click on Picture-In-Picture Mode.
- Simply use the Toggle to enable/disable the Picture in Picture mode.
- That’s it.
Force Restart your iPhone
Sometimes the problem occurs with the device because of some error/ bugs/ glitch, so simply restarting your device might help fix it. We hope you know how to restart all your device.
Update the Application
As we have mentioned above, PIP mode also depends on the application, so the app developer possibly releases the update, which you have not updated yet. So, Check by simply updating your application.
If the above-mentioned method doesn’t help you fix the error, you need to reset your device to the factory reset. By Reset the device to its factory default, everything will be revert back. Your device will be new as with the part of the setting. Therefore, check for the picture in picture mode.
- Open Settings and then head over to the General.
- Now, Click on the Reset button placed on the bottom of the device.
- Therefore, Click on Reset and then enter the passcode.
- Once it confirmed, simply click on the reset button.
Not to mention, This will reset all settings. No Data or Media will be deleted. Hopefully, this guide helps you out, and you have fixed it.
- Honor Band 6 Review: Best Fitness Tracker of 2021?
- Free Fitness Sharing Apps for iPhone and Android
- Fix: Call of Duty: Warzone Stats not tracking
- Fix: GAME ERROR G25 with PlanetSide and H1Z1 Battle Royale
- What is Error 0x800704C8, and How to Fix This Error When Copying Files?
- How to Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x800700AA in Windows 10?