If you are a frequent user of a scanner on your Windows device, you might encounter “You need a WIA driver to use this device.” This is one of the most common errors occurring with a scanner and some other device, especially with the graphics software like photoshop.
Today, we will share a bit of knowledge to help you with Fixes for ‘You need a WIA driver to use this device’. So let’s take a closer look toward it and know more about it. It is relatively easy to fix all you have to do is you require WIA driver to use on your Windows device. Therefore, in most case, you can install the WIA driver from the CD or OEM websites.
Why this error showing “You need a WIA driver to use this device. Please install it from the installation CD or manufacturer’s website and try again.
This error shows that the Windows Image Acquisition driver is not available on your device or driver might be outdated. This driver communicates to send imaging information to the scanner and work as an application programming interface.
Quick Guide: Fix WIA Driver Error Windows 10
- Check WIA Service
- Navigate to Services > Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service > Startup type: Automatic.
- Uninstall WIA Driver
- Navigate to Windows Device Manager > imaging devices > Right-click on scanner device > Uninstall.
- Update WIA driver manually
- Navigate to Company website > Download latest drivers > install.
How can I fix “WIA Driver error.”
In this case, you can use the DriverFix which can help you resolve by a device driver update, which will scan hardware attached with your device and automatically download and update the latest version of the driver for you.
Additionally, if it found any problem with your WIA driver file, it will be detected and replaced the driver file with the latest version.
On the other hand, you can also use the Company’s official website, and from there you can find the driver and firmware update. Therefore, launch the .exe file and then install the firmware. After that, restart your computer to compile and re-check your device.
Method 2: Restart Windows Image Acquisition (WIA Service)
If your driver updates, then try this troubleshooting.
- Open Service from the device settings, Or search on your search bar.
- Open the utility, find the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and then Right-Click on it and open the properties.
- Now, there you will find Startup type and there select Automatic. If this was same, You need to stop it alongside Shell Hardware detection and Remote Procedure, call placed on the same service page. And then click start, which might take a couple of seconds to perform to restart the service.
- Click OK, and once it restarts.
- That’s it, Check your scanner might work functional again.
Method 3: Reinstall Scanner Driver
This is one of the most common troubleshooting, follow the following steps to perform on your computer.
- First thing first, Right-Click on your MY PC/ Computer and then head over to manage.
- From there, Choose Device Manager and then find Imagine Device.
- Use Right Click and then select Uninstall from your driver.
- Restart your computer, after restarting open the Printer & Scanners from your device settings.
- Therefore, Choose the driver and then Remove device (Scanner).
- Now, open Run (Windows + R) and type “printui.exe /s” and hit enter.
- Select the Driver and search for your scanner/printer, Hit and click Remove placed at the bottom.
- Hit Ok and then Apply on the Print Server Properties.
- Restart your device and install Driver manually.
Method 4: Troubleshoot for your Scanner
- Open the Troubleshooting Settings on windows settings, or Search on Windows Search bar.
- Select Printer and then Choose on “Run the Troubleshooter.“
- It takes a couple of minutes to check scanner error.
- That’s it, once it has done it will fix automatically.
- Realme UI 2.0 for Realme Narzo 10: Android 11 early access | Realme UI 2.0 Early Access
- Download PUBG Mobile KR Version 1.2 APK + OBB update for Android & iOS
- Samsung Galaxy S20 series will have eSIM functionality with One UI 3.1 in India
- Free Fire Cobra Guardian Backpack: How to Get For Free – Quick Guide
- Realme GT 5G Launch date, Price and Key Specification – Leaks and Rumors
- Download and Install Evolution X 5.4 on Realme XT [Android 11]
- Realme X50 Pro gets new Realme UI 2.0 update based on Android 11, rolling out now!
- Realme 7, X2 Pro, 6 Pro Realme UI 2.0 early access beta program
- How to Download and Install crDroid OS 7.3 on Realme XT [Android 11]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 for Motorola Moto X4 [Android 11]
- How to Download and Install Stable update of OxygenOS 11 (Android 11)