Reportedly, Windows users are facing problems with Windows Explorer. In which when they right-click on Windows Explorer windows that window gets crashed. Meanwhile, it occurs because of some third-party program utilities so simply clearing might resolve this error. Today, we are going to share a bit of knowledge to help you with fixing Windows Explorer Crash on Right-Click.
How to Fix Windows Explorer Crashes after right-click issue.
First thing first, you need to clear your Explorer history in case it doesn’t work than simply use the System File Checker or get a clean boot. We have mentioned the following troubleshooting mention down below.
Clear Windows Explorer History
Windows stored the Windows File Explorer history, by clearing this you can fix it.
- Open Control Panel and then click on the File Explorer option.
- After that, There you will find “Clear File Explorer History.”
- Right Click on the Clear button and click ok.
Now, Re-try the right-clicking option in Windows you might not get the Explorer crashes again.
Launch Folder Windows in a Separate Windows
There is a folder In which your Windows settings is been store, if that got crashed then here how you can resolve this
- Open the Control panel and then click on the File Explorer option.
- There, the “Launch Folder Windows in a separate Windows” option appears.
- Meanwhile, there you will get the advanced Settings.
- Click on the checkbox to enable it and then click Apply.
- That’s it, Click ok to save changes.
Perform a Clean Boot
With the help of clean boot, you can fix a majority of Windows Crash issues. Follow the step-by-step troubleshooting.
- Open Windows Run Dialog box, using Windows + R.
- Enter, msconfig and hit enter.
- Click on Services and then check the checkbox labeled as “Hide all Microsoft Services.”
- Click on Disable ALL button and then head over to the Startup tab.
- Now, Click on “Open Task Manager” and then click on the “Disable button every time.
- Quite the task manager and then restart your computer.
Run the SFC Scan
SFC Scan stands for System File Checker, Which is a pre-built utility tool that scans for any missing or corrupted system file. If it found any such instance it will try to fix so how it could also fix this.
- Open CMD and then run this command sfc /scannow
- It will start scanning and once it is done, Restart your computer.
Run netsh winsock reset
You can use the Windows Command prompt to fix the Windows Explorer Crash issue.
- Open Windows Command Prompt, use CMD.
- Then, Enter the following command netsh winsock reset
- It will start re-checking and it will fix automatically.
- That’s it, Restart your computer.
Use a Third-Party Explorer Program
If above mention troubleshooting method doesn’t work, then you should use a third-party program. Hopefully, this guide helps you with fixing the Windows Explorer Crashes on right-click.
- Honor Band 6 Review: Best Fitness Tracker of 2021?
- Free Fitness Sharing Apps for iPhone and Android
- Fix: Call of Duty: Warzone Stats not tracking
- Fix: GAME ERROR G25 with PlanetSide and H1Z1 Battle Royale
- What is Error 0x800704C8, and How to Fix This Error When Copying Files?
- How to Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x800700AA in Windows 10?