If you have encountered an error related to your UBS Port on your Laptop, System. While connecting any USB port to your system, you may encounter issue and errors. Today, we will share a bit of knowledge to help you fix the USB port not working on the Laptop issue.
Fix for USB Ports Not Working on Laptop issue
It is quite a common query, and there could be various reasons for USB not working on Laptop.
Restart your Laptop
It might be possible that the problem occurs temporarily due to some glitch, error, cache or anything. So simply restarting your Laptop might fix the error on your Laptop.
Remove Laptop Battery
Sometimes, this problem occurs because of charge cached-up on your Laptop internal. In this case, removing the laptop battery possibly resolve “USB Port Not Working on Laptop,” Keep your Laptop battery out for 30 seconds or keep your laptop power-off for a night until the capacitors get discharged.
Adjust Power Management
Sometimes due to power fluctuations could create this problem, so simply adjusting power could potentially resolve this error. Follow the following instruction mention down below can help you to resolve the problem.
- Open RUN Dialogue box, using Windows + R.
- Type devmgmt. msc and then hit enter.
- Now, the Device Manager Windows appear head over to the Universal Serial Bus Controller.
- Right-click and then select USB Root Hub and then Navigate to its sub-menu select properties.
- There, Select Power Managements and then uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- After that, Click ok and then repeat the similar action for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th USB Root Hub Entries.
- That’s it, once you were done with this, re-try.
Disable USB Selective Suspend
Change the power plan for your USB Selective Suspension to fix the USB Port power supply.
- Open Power Plane, search on Desktop Search bar.
- Then, Click on Choose Power Plane.
- Click on the Power options window and then select Change Plan Settings.
- After that, Select the Change Advanced Power Settings and double-click on USB Settings.
- Select USB Selective Suspend Settings and enable the option to expand the drop-down menu.
- Disable the option and click on Apply.
- That’s it. Click ok to save changes.
Reinstall USB Drivers
Sometimes the problem occurs with the drivers, so just reinstalling the USB Driver might helps you to fix the issue.
- Open Run Dialogue box, using Windows + R.
- Enter devmgmt.msc and then hit enter.
- Then, you will land on the Device Manager Window.
- Click on Universal Serial bus controller and then right-click on USB Root hub.
- Select Uninstall device and then follow the similar action for other Universal Serial bus Controller device.
- That’s it. Restart your laptop.
Update USB Driver
As we have mentioned in the previous step, that driver sometimes creates a problem. You can solve this by uploading, so here are the steps to update the USB driver on your Windows Laptop.
- Continue from the uninstalling device, and then there, you will update the driver.
- And then search for the drivers, and windows will install for you.
- That’s it,
Alternative, you can manually update the USB driver but keep in might the tool should be right to update the right driver for you. Hopefully, this will helps you to fix the USB Port Not Working on Laptop so far.
- Honor Band 6 Review: Best Fitness Tracker of 2021?
- Free Fitness Sharing Apps for iPhone and Android
- Fix: Call of Duty: Warzone Stats not tracking
- Fix: GAME ERROR G25 with PlanetSide and H1Z1 Battle Royale
- What is Error 0x800704C8, and How to Fix This Error When Copying Files?
- How to Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x800700AA in Windows 10?