YouTube is been one of the most essential applications in today’s era. Through, here in order to child-protection and guidelines, they have been restricted the vulgar and inappropriate content. Meanwhile, There were some users which don’t like this use this feature hence you can disable this from your device settings.
Today, we are going to share this guide that will help you to choose if you want YouTube Restriction Mode. So without further due, let’s check this out.
How to enable and disable YouTube Restriction Mode in Microsoft Edge
This setting is available on both Web-version as well as on Mobile Application. Here is the step-by-step guide that will help you to choose.
First thing First, you can change the settings from your YouTube Settings, directly from your YouTube account.
- Go to YouTube.com using Microsoft Edge.
- Navigate to the upper-left corner, there click on Account to appear with your profile.
- Now, Click on the Restricted Mode option and Toggle to enable the Restricted Mode.
- Choose accordingly, That’s it.
From Registry Editor
This is quite lengthy compare to Use YouTube Method. Here you go.
- Open the Windows Run dialogue box and then enter the Regedit.
- Hit enter and then Select Yes (For UAC dialogue box appear)
- Create a New Registry Backup and then Click on Files.
- Select Export, Locate the file you want to save.
- Now Head over to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge and simply create an Edge Key if it is missing.
- Then, Select the Edge Key and Right-click on it.
- Select New and choose DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Although, Name that value as ForceYouTubeRestrict.
- After that, a Dialogue box appears if you want to enable it to change the value to 2 and to disable edit the value to 0.
- That’s it.
Note: if this doesn’t work for you you require to restart your computer and re-launch your Microsoft Edge. Hopefully, it will start reflecting on your Microsoft Edge.
Local Group Policy Editor
If you want to make some changes to your settings then here is the guide.
- Open Microsoft Edge and then Select the details of your Edge.
- Head over to the Get Policy Files and Extract the Zip file.
- Now, head over to the MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates\windows\admx.
- Simply, Copy/Paste the admx and msedge.adml files to this location C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions.
- Open Windows Run Dialogue box and then enter the msc and hit enter in order to launch the Local Group Policy Windows.
- After that, Locate to this address Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Microsoft Edge\ path.
- Now, Click on Force Minimum YouTube Restricted mode and Select the option given as the first option for disable, Second for Moderate/ Restricted and Last for Strict Restricted Mode.
- Click ok to apply changes.
Note: This method isn’t available for Windows 10 Users.
Hopefully, this guide helps you out with enabling and disabling the YouTube Restriction mode. This considers as one of the most useful features to save your child from viewing un-appropriate content.
- Honor Band 6 Review: Best Fitness Tracker of 2021?
- Free Fitness Sharing Apps for iPhone and Android
- Fix: Call of Duty: Warzone Stats not tracking
- Fix: GAME ERROR G25 with PlanetSide and H1Z1 Battle Royale
- What is Error 0x800704C8, and How to Fix This Error When Copying Files?
- How to Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x800700AA in Windows 10?